The best way to prevent long-term and costly problems with your vehicle is to keep up with its preventative maintenance schedule. One major key to successfully making sure you are doing all you need to do is to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Regardless of your vehicle’s make or model, its owner’s manual will contain a maintenance schedule. Every make and model is different, and standby beliefs such as “You have to change your oil every 3,000 miles,” may not apply to your car.
The maintenance schedule within your owner’s manual is provided by the people who understand your vehicle the best—the company that built it. The manufacturer provides suggestions for how often you need to change your oil, filters, driving belts, timing belts and more.
While some preventative maintenance—such as topping off fluids—can be performed by the vehicle’s owner, other, more complicated procedures should be done by experts like the team at A-Len Automotive Service and Sales. Our team can keep your vehicle in top shape by performing the following maintenance:
- Inspecting and replacing timing belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Inspecting and replacing serpentine belts (preventing damage to other accessories)
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking, repairing and replacing battery connection components
- Checking and replacing batteries
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters: This can keep your car comfortable during the hot summer months.
- Checking and replacing your engine air filter, You may need to replace your engine air filter more frequently if you drive in stop-and-go traffic or have a long commute.
- Checking and replacing spark plugs
- Checking fluid conditions: brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, and washer fluid
- Tire rotation: This helps ensure even wear on your tires, which can help prevent blowouts and leaking. It also helps make your ride smoother.
- Tire Condition Checks: While we do not do repairs or alignments on the premises, we are able to check the health and condition of your tires to ensure there are no issues. If there are, we work with a local tire shop to ensure that your tires are in good working order.
These preventative maintenance inspections are done free of charge for first time customers, and complimentary with qualifying service work for returning customers.
By following your vehicle’s owner’s manual and having your vehicle inspected and maintained regularly, you can greatly reduce problems and save money in the long run. Let the expert team at A-Len Automotive Service and Sales help your vehicle stay in good condition.